LETTERPRESS WEDDING CHECK LIST
For the letterpress printing process you will need to consider:
• Do you have any ideas in mind? Can you provide any images or reference points? View The Artisan Press online gallery.
• Are you designing your stationery yourself, using The Artisan Press design services or outsourcing your design to a graphic designer? (You will need to provide your design to our specifications if providing your own finished press-ready artwork.)
• Will you be ordering a standard in-house design or having a custom design created by The Artisan Press?
• Do you have a colour scheme in mind?
• How many colours do you require – 1, 2 or 3?
• Are any of the house colours suitable?
• Do you require a custom colour to be matched to a sample (fabric swatch)?
• Are you using a blind stamp as one of your colours? (It is still counted as one colour as it requires a separate run through the press.)
• What type of paper surface would you like – smooth or textured?
• What colour paper would you like – off-white, bright white, natural white or ivory?
• What thickness of paper would you like? Paper weights range from 300 – 600gsm. Please take into consideration whether your cards need to be folded or bound and whether multiple cards will fit together in the one envelope. Also consider the depth of impression required for letterpress – the thicker the card, the deeper the impression it allows.
• Do you require a deep or a light impression or are there variations of impression required throughout the design?
Please consider the thickness of the paper if a deep impression is required.
• Are you having all of your wedding stationery letterpress printed or just the invitation? (For multiple items our wedding packages offer the most cost effective options.) Are you having any items digital printed?
•What size cards do you prefer? View our wedding packages for printing of multiple items.
• How many cards will you require? Our minimum print run is 35 cards. You may like to order a few extras for potential errors when writing guests names and as a special memento of the event. Remember that not every guest requires an invitation – allow for couples and families, who will only require one invite per group.
• Will you require envelopes or are you sourcing your own?
• How many of your cards require envelopes? A reply postcard is a cost effective option for RSVP cards as it does not require a return envelope.
• Are you having your guests’ names handwritten on the invitations or would you like to use belly bands?
• Do you require address labels for the envelopes?
• What is your wedding date? Aim to send out 6 – 8 weeks beforehand.
• What date would you like to receive your stationery by? Please allow 5-10 business days for the artwork process and 10-12 business days for the print production. Once your deposit has been paid and you have signed off on your final artwork your shipping date is scheduled.
• Can you provide a courier-friendly delivery address? Your goods will need to be signed for.
HOW TO ORDER
1. Refine your order using our online quote facility at The Artisan Press website. Forward us the specifications (items, quantities, card sizes, paper, colours, envelopes) and we’ll confirm your estimate by sending you an official quotation.
2. Pay the 50% deposit, payable by credit card via phone or internet, BPay, Post BPay or direct deposit. This will confirm your press booking.
3. Send your invitation wording and/or design ideas in an email or Word doc.
4. When your payment clears you’ll be contacted via email or phone to discuss your design. You’ll be sent your first round of designs based on the information you’ve supplied. The mockups are provided as an Acrobat PDF file you can print out. The file is also enabled for your comments and changes so you can make suggestions on the actual artwork and email it back.
5. Your artwork fee entitles you to three rounds of changes. We’ll work with you through these changes until your artwork is finalised. Once you have provided final sign off on the artwork you will be advised of your estimated shipping date.
6. When printing is complete (typically 10-12 business days) you’ll be notified and asked to finalise the balance of your account. Your stationery will then be sent via courier to your door (or fastest/preferred option).